Warning to other contestants, I'm including Pettersen in my Pakpicker.
1. Ko, Lydia 2. Choi, Na Yeon 3. Park, Inbee 4. Feng, Shanshan 5. Korda, Jessica 6. Nomura, Haru 7. Miyazato, Ai 8. Henderson, Brooke 9. Jang, Ha Na 10. Kim, Hyo Joo 11. Pettersen, Suzann 12. Yang, Amy
1. Inbee Park 2. Stacy Lewis 3. Lexi Thompson 4. Brooke Henderson 5. Lydia Ko 6. Shanshan Feng 7. Hyo Joo Kim 8. Anna Nordquist 9. In Gee Chun 10. Gerina Piller 11. Suzann Pettersen 12. Sung Hyun Park a1. Sei Young Kim a2. Jenny Shin a3. Ha Na Jang
Hi Tony: I saw these odds at TorontoGolfNuts. This is just a one and done request .......and if it's too much trouble to track or completely throws off the contest..... then don't bother with a tabulation....I'm just curious how these odds maker's choices would stack up in the contest.....just for fun. If it can't be accomplished then don't bother with any calculations. I don't know how points are accumulated/tracked for this contest.
I predict this portfolio finishes in the middle of the pack among all the contest participants.....as a WRX handicapper said...sometimes current form means nothing.
1. Lydia Ko (7-2/9-2) 2. Inbee Park (8-1/10-1) 3. Stacy Lewis (10-1/12-1) 4. Sei Young Kim (12-1/14-1) 5. Ha Na Jang (14-1/16-1) 6. Lexi Thompson (12-1/16-1) 7. Hyo Joo Kim (18-1/22-1) 8. Brooke Henderson (20-1/28-1) 9. In Gee Chun (18-1/28-1) 10. Shanshan Feng (20-1/33-1) 11. Sung Hyun Park (20-1/33-1) 12. Amy Yang (25-1/33-1)
a) Suzann Pettersen (28-1/35-1)
I don't like the odds maker choice of Dumbo to be included in the list....too many unknowns about her playing competitiveness and health.....but it is what it is.
I don't know how points are accumulated/tracked for this contest.
Ask and ye shall receive: reposted below for your benefit and that of our other newbies is the original set of rules from the old board and copied onto mylpga:
The PakPicker events allow fans of the LPGA to compete in determining who can come closest to predicting the top 12 finishers in each given LPGA event. Points are awarded to the top 10 PakPicker predictors each week (including ties), and aggregate totals are maintained over the entire season. The top PakPicker each week receives 10 points, the second finisher receives 9 points, and so on. At season's end, the participant with the highest aggregate point total is awarded the (virtual) PakPicker Season Trophy, and other awards are made (virtually, of ocurse) for Sportsperson of the Year and Rookie of the Year. Any PakPicker winning 3 weekly events in a given season gets to retire (virtually of course) a special PakPicker Trophy. Most precious of all is the (virtual) HappyFan Trophy, which is presented each year in recognition of extraordinary contributions to the PakPicker Forum during the course of the year. Happily, because all awards are virtual, winners not having an actual fireplace or trophy case will nonetheless be able proudly to exhibit their trophies.]
Here are the rules:
1. Each contestant lists in order the top twelve picks for the week, plus 3 alternates. The alternates are used, in the order listed, only if one or more of the 12 official picks do not start in that week's event. [This can happen due to (i) a golfer's withdrawal prior to teeing off on the first day, (ii) a picker's listing a golfer who was not entered in event in the first place or (iii) a picker's listing the same golfer twice in naming the 12 picks.] If an alternate is needed, the first listed alternate goes into 12th place, and other golfers move up one pick as required. Once a golfer tees off on the first hole on day one, that pick counts and no substitution is allowed. Contestants are urged to consult the LPGA website in determining which golfers are entered each week.
2. Entries (including any edits to an entry) must be entered by the date and time announced in each PakPicker starting thread, which is generally at midnight (New York time) preceding the first day of the event. Cut off times are altered for LPGA events held in Europe or the Far East. [The PakPicker Committee reserves the right (but is not obligated) to allow late entries where no prejudice has occurred, i.e. the entry is submitted before any golfer has teed off in the LPGA event.]
3. Points are scored in two ways. First, points are awarded for each top 12 pick that actually finishes in the top twelve (including ties), as follows: nine (9) points if the golfer finishes first, 8.25 for finishing second, 7.5 for third, and so on down to 0.75 for 12th place. Second, accuracy points are awarded with reference to how close the top-12-pick golfer's finish came to the exact finishing position predicted by the contestant. A maximum of six points is awarded for nailing the golfer's exact finish, a half point is subtracted for each place the actual finish is removed from the predicted finish. Thus, if a contestant lists "Kim, Birdie" to finish 12th when Birdie actually finishes second, that contestant will receive 9.25 points for that selection (8.25 points for finishing second and an additional 1 point for accuracy in predicting the actual finish-- 6 points minus 10 X 0.5 for missing Birdie's actual finish by 10 slots).
4. To make it easier for the PakPicker Committee to enter each contestant's picks (which is done manually by entries into an Excel spreadsheet), contestants are urged to list each golfer in descending order from 1 to 12, with a single golfer on each line listed, first, by the golfer's last name, and then including the golfer's first name if two or more golfers entered that week share the same last name. For example, please list "Kim, Birdie" rather than "Birdie Kim" of just "Kim" or just "Birdie" or some other nickname. Where there is any ambiguity in the golfer listed, the PakPicker Committee will do its best to determine the entrant's intention but reserves the right to eliminate that pick altogether and move an alternate on to the contestant's entry.
1) Ko, Lydia 2) Henderson, Brooke 3) Park, Inbee 4) Thompson, Lexi 5) Kim, Sei Young 6) Chun, In Gee 7) Nomura, Haru 8) Lincicome, Brittany 9) Lewis, Stacy 10) Jang, Ha Na 11) Feng, Shanshan 12) Lee, Bo Mee
Alternate 1) Nordqvist, Anna Alternate 2) Park, Shun Hyun Alternate 3) Woods, Tiger
Hmmm, so 3Putt finally enters the fray! Although not with his own picks, but the oddsmakers .
Time to get back on track-good luck to all, but esp to:
1. Ko, Lydia 2. Kim, Sei Young 3. Park, InBee 4. Thompson, Lexi 5. Lewis, Stacy 6. Henderson, Brooke 7. Jang, HaNa 8. Lincicome, Brittany 9. Chun, In Gee 10. Pillar, Gerina 11. Kim, Hyo Joo 12. Nomura, Haru
1. Lewis, Stacy 2. Ko, Lydia 3. Park, Inbee 4. Jang, Ha Na 5. Kim, Sei Young 6. Kim, Hyo Joo 7. Thompson, Lexi 8. Henderson, Brooke 9. Yang, Amy 10. Nordqvist, Anna 11. Feng, Shanshan 12. Lincicone, Brittany