Yeah, it's virtual golf, but we will get to see a two-on-two match between Inbee Park/So Yeon Ryu vs. Lydia Ko and Pernilla Lindberg. These are four of the recent ANA Inspiration champs (18, 17, 13 and 15).
This happened this morning. I found a Korean language recording on YouTube. If anyone finds it in English let me know. Obviously, even in this broadcast there's a lot of English, especially the banter between the players. I've watched one hole so far, and it's been fun. I'm going to remain unspoiled until I see it. Enjoy!
I watched the whole thing and it was surprisingly fun. A few comments (minor SPOILERS if you want to wait until June)
1. The long game simulation seems good, but they need to work on the short game. In a typical Inbee Park round, you would never see her putt well past the hole more than maybe once. She was constantly leaving it four feet short or putting it six feet past the hole. Inbee Park!
2. The bunkers were also odd. Lydia had one bunker where it took her three shots to get out, but I think it only registered one shot (So Yeon even cracked 'How many shots is that now, Lydia?').
3. Can someone explain the four player event where each plays her own ball (I always get the names of the various team formats confused, forgive me)? I thought the way it worked was that the best score for the hole for each team was taken, but there were a few times where there was a tie for best and it looks like they broke the tie with the score of the second player?
4. The second match was a lot of fun. Inbee and So Yeon just seemed to finally get comfortable and started making some great shots and putts. The banter was also really cute. 'That's my partner who did that!' said So Yeon with pride at one point.
5. Why were Lindberg and Ko playing in a cave? The lighting in the US studio was terrible. I couldn't see them at all.
6. Why did the Korean commentator call Pernilla 'Lindbelly'? There must be a better way to translate that name into Korean. It was literally spelled that way, too. Well, that's the way I'll refer to her from now on.
I finally took time to watch it. We used to play something similar. Where we used both scores on the hole. For instance if you get a birdie and your partner get a bogey. Your opponents get two pars on the par four. Both scores equal eight and the hole is tied.